How Colocation Data Centres Use Modern Technology?
Colocation services mainly provide physical security, power, building, and cooling to the consumer who issues the servers and storage. The area of these services are either rented or leased according to the room, cage, cabinet or the rack. Many colocation services also provide for the business to purchase managed services for their servers and other computer hardware.
Is Choosing Colocation A Wise Decision?
There are several reasons for why a business should opt for this service rather than building their own data center. The primary benefit is efficiency, as erecting a building and maintaining and continuously updating such an enormous technological potential is costly and time-consuming. Fundamentally, colocation server were utilised by private businesses as backup and recovery as a disaster management option. Now, this colocation server is mostly being used by cloud service providers.
The primary advantages are
• Power supply
• Cooling system facility
• Provides great network connectivity and bandwidth
• Bestows well-handled services that allows a 24*7 access to server administrators
• Contributes in security protection like firewalls and antivirus protection
• Grants complete security for physical access to the servers and other hardware computing
Stepping up with the technologically advanced world.
There are a lot of hardships associated with a cloud for which colocation data center have to be prepared. There have been many instances of power outages and other imperfections that require to be dealt with. Hence, as a prolonged solution colocation data center have come up with:
• The creation and maintenance of dismissal at hardware as well as software level.
• Safeguarding the logical connection amongst the distributed data centers.
• Ensuring the easy regulation and management of WAN operation and circulation.
• The creation and maintenance of the data center load balancing and mirroring.
• The complete utilisation of innovative disaster recovery services exclusively designed for the cloud.
Colocation data center operating system
It is not just about management of a data center but about the advanced data center infrastructure management or DCIM and actually about the data center operating system. This is the main difference between colocation facilities and the facility that does not provide colocation services. Data centers have always been and still continue to become the distributed entity in a business. The main factors that must be considered while working with DCIM-
• Not necessarily the best affordable solution.
• The things to look for are energy efficiency, visibility of assets and capacity planning.
• Complete utilisation and planning of spacing and resources.
Skillful storage and systems
Mostly colocation consumers endow for their own storage and systems, yet many facilities provide solutions for cost reduction such as installing platforms and systems that are merged to increase efficiency. High density computing solutions are always able to empower within a smaller framework. This gives the server administrators the ability to put more consumers and increased amount workloads on a lesser amount of servers even within a small framework. The usage of SSD and flash controllers has given the server administrators the ability to cut the operating cost of storage. The use of flash storage not only helps in going easy on the cash but also saves energy and space. However, this technology is still limited in deployment. The arrangement is still a little bit costly and there have been some worries for using this technology for a long drag.
Going green was usually considered a costly option, but with the betterment in technology this perception has changed. There has been a realization that opting for an environmentally friendly solution will help you go easy on the cash.
The techniques that are being adopted by the data centers including colocation data centers are:
• Low power servers- This reduces the utilisation of power and space up to 10 percent.
• Utilising low carbon and grid independent technology with cleaner power generation.
• Reduction in capital expenditure around 15-30%.
• Lacerating Power Usage Effectiveness by using chiller free data centers.
• The usage of power proportional computing has helped to reduce power consumption and waste.
• The usage of Memristors has supported the creation of low energy yet powerful integrated devices.
With ever increasing advancements in technology it will become progressively crucial for colocation data center administrators step up in the competition and adopt modern means of technology.