The Pros And Cons Of An Apple IPhone
The Apple iPhone is still one of the most popular smartphones on the market, but it is no longer the only game in town. Samsung and other manufacturers have released excellent smartphones that work just as well, or even better, than the Apple smartphone.
Even so, Apple has a few tricks up its sleeve, and the iPhone remains one of the most powerful and capable Smartphone’s on the market. If you are in the market for a new device, it is a good idea to look at the pros and cons of buying an Apple iPhone.
So instead of reading through endless reviews on a variety of sites, we thought we would condense some of the pros and cons here for you, to help decide if an iPhone is going to be next on your list of purchases.
The Pros of the Apple Smartphone
- Sleek lightweight design — The Apple iPhone is one of the lightest and thinnest on the market, making it easy to carry and even easier to use. Apple has long been known for its slick and innovative designs, and the iPhone is one of the prime examples.
- Great battery life — Any smartphone is only as good as its battery, and the iPhone has an excellent battery life. iPhone users can also tweak their devices to squeeze even more juice out of the devices.
- Beautiful colors — The newest iPhones come in a rainbow of vibrant colors, making them among the most beautiful on the market.
- Improved camera — The Apple iPhone has one of the best smartphone cameras around, nearly as good as a quality point-and-shoot digital camera. The iPhone also has plenty of apps for sharing and storing those photos.
The Cons of the Apple iPhone
- Lack of innovation — The iPhone no longer feels new or innovative. While the first Apple iPhone was truly revolutionary, the last few iterations have felt like retreads. While other manufacturers are working hard to come up with new designs, Apple often seems to be resting on its laurels.
- Dated operating system — The Apple iOS operating system has also suffered from a lack of innovation. The latest iteration seems very close to the last one, and the lack of new features could stop Android users from making the switch.
- High price — As more Smartphone manufacturers have entered the race, the price of the devices has come down. That leaves the iPhone as one of the most expensive on the market. Consumers will need to decide for themselves if the Apple-specific benefits are worth the extra cost.
The new iPhone 6 and iPhone Air are soon to be unveiled by Apple, although there are plenty of rumors churning through the rumor mill, we won’t really know the specs until September. Do you think you will be getting your hands on one of these new iPhone devices? Or are you heading away from iPhone this year?
We would love to hear your thoughts on Apple’s upcoming launch.
Craig is a keen tech writer who likes to pen articles about the latest and upcoming gadgets from the tech world. He also enjoys writing about apps and reviewing new handsets.